Due to the economic climate and inadequate financial education, many Americans are at risk of an unfunded retirement. According to Jump$tart’s 2007 report, Making the Case for Financial Literacy, nearly two-thirds (63%) of Americans acknowledge they don’t save enough and more than a third say that they often (11%) or sometimes (25%) spend more than they can afford. More than one in three (36%) Americans also say that at some point they have felt their financial situation was out of control.
Clearly, there is a need for greater emphasis on financial education. Whether delivered in the workplace, in college or even in private settings, help is out there. Let us talk to you about your strategy for retirement and how you can regain control of your financial situation.
What We Provide
The Heartland Institute provides financial wellness courses that are taught locally or online by Certified Instructors (CFEd®). The Institute’s objective is to ensure affordable, easily accessible financial education for individuals who want greater financial security. Some of the benefits of working with the Heartland Institute include:
- Local and online college-sponsored classes that provide individuals with greater financial knowledge, confidence and control over their financial future.
- Certified Instructors who work directly with individuals to establish a personal action plan for financial wellness.
- A broad curriculum of financial wellness topics to support and educate all levels of individuals.
- Easily accessible materials that will assist each individual in successfully planning and organization their financial future.
The Heartland Institute has joined with colleges and universities throughout the United States to provide courses for individuals, designed to meet the diverse education needs of everyone, are sponsored by colleges and universities and are always taught by qualified CFE Certified Financial Educators®. Course Topics include:
- Fundamentals of Financial Management
- Basic Financial Concepts
- Managing your debt
- Properly protecting your family
- Building your emergency fund
- Types of Investments
- Retirement Planning
- Tax Strategies
- Maximizing your Individual or company sponsored retirement plan
- College Education Planning
- Long Term Care Planning
- Preserving your estate
Why work with a CFEd®
- Every course is offered through an accredited college or university that is a member of Heartland’s National Consortium of Colleges and Universities.
- Financial educational courses are taught locally or online to individual learners.
- Financial education instructors are screened for their commitment to the financial literacy movement.
- Knowledgeable, certified instructors equipped with practical course material teach courses and pledge non-solicitation when conducting classes.
- CFEds® are certified both for their financial know-how and their competency in educating adult learners.
- CFEds® are under the auspices of a non-profit regulatory organization, the Heartland Institute of Financial Education.
- The due diligence performed by the Heartland Institute in selecting and educating CFEds® provides a partial firewall to individuals.
- CFEds® sign a “Standards of Practice” promising ethical and non-solicitous behavior when teaching.
- CFEds® may be listed in Heartland’s Registry of CFE Certified Financial Educators®.
- CFEds® provide one-on-one financial counseling to each program participant (and his/her spouse or significant other) on a voluntary basis as part of the course registration fee.
- CFEd® credentials and overall efforts help to ease company liability.
The Consortium of colleges and universities endorses and shares in HIFE’s mission to provide financial education for adults and college planning for students.
This coalition of higher education schools across America provides the highest level of recognition for the Institute’s purpose by creating a professional relationship that unites a national non-profit entity, higher-education schools, certified instructors and coaches with individuals who need their help.
HIFE Personal Financial Programs
The Heartland Institute partners with colleges and universities throughout the United States to provide financial education courses individuals who desire this type of purely educational coursework and information. These courses are taught by CFE Certified Financial Educators® who have both instructional and practical business experience. Our team of certified Instructors work with you to outline financial training that best suits your needs.
The results of these non-solicitous classes have been amazing. Individuals who would never take the time to attend a course in financial education are taking control of their financial lives. As a further incentive, spouses/partners are invited to join the class for no additional cost.
Whether you need help with retirement planning, cash flow planning, debt management, investment planning or other important areas of financial education, we can help. Please contact us here to receive more information.