The College Consultant Certification is a nationally recognized certification program that is offered through the Heartland Institute of Financial Education, a 501(c)(3) national nonprofit. This unique certification program is awarded to individual professional practitioners who have knowledge in the field of financial services as well as a desire to help students and the families that support them achieve the goal of higher education.
Benefits of becoming a College Consultant
- Increase in knowledge and experience covering another area of the financial foundation and wellness supporting HIFE’s mission.
- Brings access to families with children that are high school to college age and who are highly concerned about planning and finding money to provide for their children’s college education.
- Provides assistance to help his/her own children and network of family, colleagues, and friends plan and save and achieve their goals of higher education.
- Provides an entryway to meet people they can help
- Generates additional income for the consultant.
- Provides an opportunity to assess parents’ assets, which may help them qualify for financial assistance such as grants, scholarships, and student loans.
- Affords an opportunity to review insurance coverage (to the uninsured or underinsured) to protect the family.
College Consultant Responsibilities
- Present the HIFE CPP to prospective parents/students.
- Provide information regarding the enrollment process in the HIFE CPP to parents.
- Discuss the qualification requirements for students to enroll in the HIFE CPP.
- Collect personal data and payment from parents and students for the HIFE CPP enrollment.
- Encourage the student to complete the career assessment.
- Monitor the progress of the student’s assigned homework and lesson plans.
- Assist the HIFE Coaches in the communication lines with the parents and students.
- Report factors to the HIFE Coaches that may assist in the scholarships, grants and student loan search.
- Track the student’s College Planning Checklist.
- Share the monthly Scholars newsletter with your current of prospective clients – the Scholars newsletter can be found by clicking on Our Resources.
Consultant Certification Requirements
- Must complete a background check and have a clean record.
- Must be current and “in good standing” with regulators.
- Must complete the HIFE CPP Certification Class. Register here
- Must pass the HIFE CPP Certification Exam.
- Must sign a HIFE CPP Agreement.
- Must adhere to the HIFE Regulations.
- Must enroll a minimum of 2 Students per year.
- Must stay current with all updated procedures and materials.
- Must adhere to the Consultant responsibilities.
- If these are not met, a recertification process and fee will apply.
- Must enroll a minimum of 2 Students per year
- Must stay current with all updated procedures and materials
- Must adhere to the Consultant responsibilities
- If these are not met, a re-certification process and fee will apply
Click HERE to start the re-certification process and pay the associated fee
If you would like to learn more about the Heartland Institute’s College Planning Program, please call 303-597-0197 or email email@example.com or simply complete the form below:
Certified College Consultant
Certified College Consultants serve as the liaison between the parents, students and coaches for the College Planning Program (CPP). While the Heartland Institute’s Certified Coaches assist students with career guidance and the college search, the primary role for Certified College Consultants is to present and provide information about HIFE CPP to prospective parents and students.
The online HIFE CPP Certification course provides the foundation needed to begin supporting both students and parents as they navigate the college admissions process, tuition planning, academic support, career assessments and much more.
Certified College Consultants are absolutely critical to the overall success of the HIFE CPP program.
What People Are Saying About Us
HIFE is a great tool that you can use to build up your business. It’s very easy to start conversations with families when you talk about their children’s education, college savings, and career choices. I highly recommend you get certified with HIFE CPP. Qing S.
CPP Member: Qing S.
CPP Member: Diana G.
To achieve these objectives, the Heartland Institute...
My HIFE CPP Experience Hello, my name is...
For this month’s article I am doing...
HIFE CPP Declares December As “National College...
A New Twist On Financial Aid Tips For...
Filling out FAFSA—more Important than Financial Aid First...
Financial Aid Process One of the most common...
College Admissions Guide For H.S. Seniors In...
ATTN: High School Seniors This is a busy...
Student Testimonials This month we wanted to share...
SPECIAL EDITION: Understanding Financial Aid What is financial...
What To Do When You Receive A...
Report Once you have received your Student Aid...
Quick Guide: College Costs There are five main...
Academic Preparation For College These articles offer advice...
Top 10 College Application Mistakes Senior year is...
The Truth About Statistics A top college in...
Things To Do To Prepare For Your...
Finding Federal Grants Your most valuable resource for...
FINANCIAL AID ELIGIBILITY - WHAT YOU SHOULD...